Sunday, March 10, 2013

Welcome to the Bay Area



I left Los Angeles around 1:45pm today and landed in the Bay area around 3pm. I had arranged to stay with my good friend Andy, whom I've known since I was a sophomore in high school. He lives about a half hour outside of San Francisco, and on our way back to his place we stopped for some amazing Thai food at this spot called The White Elephant, located in Half Moon Bay. The Tom Ka (coconut chicken soup) on the left was fantastic! It was hot, fresh, and had a perfect balance of flavor that didn't overdue the coconut, but was highlighted with a hint of ginger. I followed that up with some Thai Fried rice, which was just the right spice I was in the mood for. You can also see the panang curry Andy ordered in the background of that photo, which was also super solid. I was really happy to reconnect with Andy, and to meet his 9 month old baby girl. I really love coming together with people over food. It's pretty hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment