Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The King's Highway Ends with a Skull and Sword


This afternoon i went with Andy out to Palo Alto while he took care of a few things. After he finished up we drove over to downtown Palo Alto and walked around looking for a place to grab lunch. We ended up  at this little Mediterranean spot called Cafe 220, and I'll say this, they make a serious falafel wrap. It was flavorful with just a little kick of spice and it didn't get soggy by the time I was down to the bottom. After that we jumped back into the car and decided to drive into San Francisco because I was planning on meeting up with some friends later on the evening. I also wanted to check out a few other things while I was in the city. But, rather than dashing up the freeway we chose to take the scenic route up; El Camino Real. Click Here to learn why El Camino Real, a.k.a. The Kings Highway is so important. 



Since I wasn't meeting up with friends until later on for dinner I took advantage of the time to go stop by Skull and Sword to buy a tee, and see if I could get a picture with Grime, unfortunately he wasn't there. However, i did snag a tee and I got to chat with Lango, (another artist who works at the shop) for a moment while his client was on the phone. I told him I was just passing through SF on my way from Boston to Maui and wanted to come by the shop. He was really cool, professional, and laid back. My love of tattoos and excitement for being in such a well established shop made me feel like a deer in headlights mixed with a kid in a candy store. Oh yeah and the pic above... Well there's no sign to mark where the shop is. I walked up and down Caesar Chavez Street about four times before I found it. I figured this would be appropriate in case anybody else goes looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment