Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Surf's Up


Tuesday morning Rob and I both woke up with a touch of sunburn. Mine was tiger style across my back thanks to a friend fail at Lahaina. I won't mention names, but let's say from now on I'm only letting Alex put sunblock on my back. Rob, however, was toasted. But, today was a truly special day because Alex and Jo both had the day off so we could all spend it together as one big ohana. Rob was dying to go body boarding so that became the plan. Before leaving the house we all made sure to properly put on sunblock. Then we piled into the car and headed down to Baldwin Beach where the waves serious! I had never seen waves so big. I mean these things must have been at least 10 feet high from the ocean floor! After being in the water for about 20 minutes I was definitely feeing like I got a hardcore work out. We all had so much fun today, and Rob and I had a chance to sort of bond as we were body boarding out in the ocean. I felt like I was 12 years old except this time the waves were no joke, and hanging with Rob was awesome. He's another unofficial brother from another to me.

After a rousing day riding the biggest waves I have ever seen we headed back to Jo & Alex's place to cook up some food. We also got to meet Rob's friends who were married on Oahu. They were spending their honeymoon on Maui, and so we invited them over for dinner. I should also mention that Alex is a grill master, and not only does he cook up a mean steak he also does some serious grilled mushrooms! Needless to say the night was a success, yet Rob's time here was finally coming to an end. I want to take a moment and give a big shout out to Rob's wonderful and amazing girlfriend Mary, who I haven't mentioned at all. She is hilarious, super cool, and was really caring because Rob's back was as red as a lobster. She kept it covered in aloe all the time. I'm so glad I got to meet the both of them. They were so amazing, and now I have a reason to go check out Wisconsin!

No comments:

Post a Comment