Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rhythm


Now that I'm here in Maui there's been a stillness. I had most of today all to myself thanks to the fact that my good friends had the joy of working. The morning was spent drinking the dunkin donuts coffee I brought with me, courtesy of great people back east. Then I went over some interview questions and topics I thought might come up on Monday. But after that I was left to face an emptiness. I felt extremely uncomfortable, which I think was because I had nothing to do per se. It was making me quite uneasy just sitting on the couch facing a blank wall, still I sat there examining my mind trying to figure out where it was coming from. I don't know if it actually disolved away, or if it retreated into a deeper abyss within me. At that point I decided to go for a walk down the road to the shore. Along the way I was greeted by the mountains. When I reached the beach my friends had told me about I was a bit surprised. It wasn't quite what I expected. It was covered in rocks and driftwood. This wasn't a bad thing by any means. I found a spot to sit down and faced the ocean watching the waves. I still didn't know what I was looking for. Nonetheless, I enjoyed listening to the rhythm of the waves gently meeting the shore. I sat there for over an hour, just listening, just watching. Then I walked back up the road alone. My friends would be returning from work soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment