Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Back Yard with a View





This morning after waking up quite a bit early followed by 3 cups of coffee Andy and I walked down the road from his place to what was basically his back yard, or Half Moon Bay State Beach. This was my 3rd or 4th time here and I really enjoy the diversity in the landscape, which ranges from the beach to flat grassy straights, and rolling hills. Its one of the many aspects that seems to draw me back here. It's truly a beautiful place. On some mornings the fog is so thick you can't see more than a few feet in front of you. 



Later on that afternoon we drove down to San Mateo to run a few errands. I snapped a quick shot of the side street above that intersected with El Camino Real, which is this incredibly long street/highway that runs through a pretty decent part of California down to Mexico. I was pretty amazed at how many churches/missions we drove past on El Camino Real. It didn't hit me until after this just how much influence the Spanish Catholic church had in the formation of the state of California and the west coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment