Sunday, April 7, 2013

Back In A Groove


Before I left Boston I had a little bedroom studio set-up. However, I hadn't really put much time into music as of late because I was feeling very uninspired. But, since I've been in Maui I've spent some time with Alex, and started making music again. This time around though its more about having fun, exploring, and experimenting. I stopped letting myself get stuck on all the little hangups when it comes to audio production. If I do find myself getting really hung up I can just let Alex jump in front of the screen and take over. Furthermore, leaving all my records behind has limited my creativity and expression here in a way. Through dialogue with Alex and Jo I have come to see I love music more than ever at this point in my life. By leaving my haven of vinyl back on the east coast I have created a free space to fill with new music, and now I feel like I have the chance to really explore different sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment