Sunday, April 21, 2013

Acid Trip

This past week has been so intense with everything that was going on back home in Boston. Even though I'm 5000 miles across the globe I found myself running on East Coast time. I sat glued in front of my laptop waiting for updates from family and friends with the police scanner playing in the background. My state of mind had me trapped in doors on lock down. I felt as though I was still in my place back east. As I reviewed the events of the week I had a hard time digesting them. All these photos and videos came from places in Boston I knew so well. The glasses I'm wearing came from the Lens Crafters that was hit by one of the explosive devices. Throughout my undergraduate years at UMass Boston I worked on Newbury Street just around the corner from where that device went off. I can still vividly recall the sidewalks, restaurants and boutiques I would stroll by on my lunch breaks back then. I also know the streets of Cambridge and MIT where that police officer was shot and killed. I know the neighborhood in Watertown where they captured the suspect because I lived just a few minutes down the street from there back in 2009. Everything has been like some sort of bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment