Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Little Way Different


This morning as I was pouring my coffee I thought about the slight nuances between the process here and back home. For example, back home I always add cream to my coffee (milk just doesn't cut it), but here because milk/cream has to be shipped in it costs quite a bit more. Last time I checked at the local Sack N Save a gallon of milk was about $7, and if you want organic you're dropping at least $10 minimum guaranteed. So my friends do something a little different here and add coconut milk to their coffee instead of using milk or cream. Even though its not as rich as cream its still much sweeter than using milk. While I was thinking of this I was reminded of this old reggae tune by Errol Dunkley called "A Little Way Different" that came out in 1978. Last year Scotch Bonnet Records released a remix of that song by Henry and Louis (feat. Pacey). I love both versions, but each has their own feel.


So in the spirit of doing things a little way different I started this blog. I purposely gave the link out to a lot people; family, friends, mentors, people who I respect and admire. In doing so I felt that I've forced myself to think and reflect more critically than if I were to simply write in a journal. At the same time I can stay connected with everyone. I can share my experiences and maybe they can take something from them. At the very least I hope everyone enjoyes the pictures. This public presentation of myself is something very different than I have ever done before. I was really uncomfortable about it at first, but after sharing this space with a few close friends the feedback I got was totally unexpected, and extremely positive. So here's to doing things different.


On a side note since I've got Mungo's HiFi on my brain (they founded Scotch Bonnet Records) I figured I should share this tune "Musically Mad" featuring Mr. Williamz. Its been in rotation on my speakers a lot lately. I love the mixdown and production on this tune, and Williamz voice just sits so well on top of everything. Their use of auditory space is beyond proper.

No comments:

Post a Comment