Thursday, May 9, 2013

Grindz

It's been a minute since I posted something so good as this. One of my favorite spots to eat around here is called Da Kitchen, over the past few weeks I've had the chance to sample some of their well known cuisine. The food is so good there I would eat there everyday if I could afford it and I knew it would give me a heart attack. Luckily, we spaced out trips there and I had plenty of friends to share with. Here's a few more definitions to give you an idea of what each dish is...

Grindz: Food, especially local food.

Spam Musubi: Spam musubi is a popular snack and lunch food in Hawaii composed a slice of grilled Spam on top of a block of rice, wrapped together with nori dried seaweed.

Chicken Katsu: Katsu is a Japanese food which consists of a breaded, deep-fried cutlet (usually made with pork, chicken, or beef).  

Loco Moco: Loco moco is a traditional meal in Hawaiian cuisine. The essential loco moco consists of white rice, topped with a hamburger patty, a fried egg, and brown gravy.


Above: Deep Fried Spam Musubi


Above: Loco Moco with Chicken Katsu Cutlet


Loco Moco Notorious BIG (Loco Moco with spam, Portuguese sausage, chili, and bacon along with the standard Loco Moco base. Not for the timid!)


1 comment: